This week has been a tear jerker (us teary for once instead of our toddlers). Keegan started off watching a NASCAR race with Kurt on Sunday (and no...I dont approve, I am trying to squelch the redneck genes!!!! Just kidding). Kurt turned up the volume for the National Anthem and the flyover (I still dont understand how a pilot gets excited about seeing planes; kinda like a garbage man getting excited about trash day to me) and Keegan stood up, put his hand over his heart and stood there in silence the entire time. We have only show him this once. I know, that may seem odd for a military kid...but if I havent mentioned it before, we dont go out in public with our two kids very often. If you knew them you would understand what an event leaving the house for long is!!! Anyway, back to the story. Kurt was beaming with pride when his little boy did this. Guess it is time to start teaching him the Pledge of Allegiance. Anyway...if that wasnt enough, we were in the car yesterday and he saw the jets fly over. He told me that the first one was him and the second was daddy. The third one was of course Uncle Crush (we are working on it Newell Family...I promise, Uncle Napalm with be in the 4 ship soon). He told me that when he was big he was going to fly F-16s with daddy. And he got M&ms at the store for being such a sweetie!!!! Oh...and for those of you out there unfamiliar with our fighter pilot life...those are not his uncles REAL names...nor his uncles really. But they are our family from past and present assignments who we love dearly and couldnt make it through life without. And come on, Uncle Neal and Uncle Vince just sound way too boring dont you think:)
Ok...short story just turned into a long one...story of my life I guess. Just be happy that I actually completed the story!!!
Love to you all...we miss you all...and for his pilot "uncles" Keegan says "Drive Safe", Fly Fast", "Love you"
The D10 family
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









1 comment:
Aw, what a sweet story! Reese made me dizzy..whew, I don't know how you do it girl!? You must really look forward to nap time so you can crack a beer. :) ha ha A little somethin' is on its way to AZ for the fam!
Post a Comment