Our guestbook

Monday, January 21, 2008

So Mature!!!!

Here are Keegans 2 year old pics...taken by mommy who is convinced that she is a photographer now....and a long winded disertation written by an adoring mom!!!!


















Apparently the age of two brings with it great maturity...and other things too...but we will focus on the positive!!!! Keegan turned 2 and it was like we flicked on a switch and all of a sudden he was a big boy. He has always been our sweet and cuddly little guy...but was very hesitant in many things. He has been a vegatarian since he was old enough to feed himself and choose what he put in his mouth. Like responsible parents we started with chicken and turkey but ventured into the famous chicken nuggets, cheeseburgers etc. He would have nothing to do with any of it!!!! Well...he has now decided that he will be a well rounded eater and has eaten a serving of meat just about every day. Everything we have offered him he has eaten and enjoyed....although I think his favorite may have been the variety of chicken that we got from a fast food run to Panda Express. We no longer have to take uncrustables with us everywhere we go.

He started begging for my drinks (typically with high volumes of caffeine to keep me going) and I thought that he would never enjoy Starbucks or Coke. So when he was whining I decided to offer it to him so he would realize that it wasnt that great and go abbout his business. Well...he loved them both and now constantly asks for "mommys juice"

Keegan is still his sisters number one fan and really takes care of her. I swear he notices things she does way before I do. Reese has a gross fascination with the dogs rawhide strips and they are her favorite teething toy. Keegan rounds them all up and puts them in Jacks basket...and if he does she her get one he takes it from her and says "NO Reesey". This is a big job too since Reese will chase the dog down in order to get one. He also makes sure she has a never ending supply of Cheerios and if she cries he first gets her a toy and then starts to sing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star". Keegan is even creative enough to substitute Reese's name in places in the song. For example...he will sing "Twinkle Twinkle little Reesey...how I wonder if your my Peicey". Of course it is in a toddler version so a stranger would not understand the words as well as I do. Kurt swears I understand Keegan better than I do normal english. I guess I am kind of his translator.


He is really starting to talk...or should I say REPEAT. He is a little mima bird and will try to say anything that we do. My favorite things are that he says bless you when someone sneezes, does some really funny animal noises (trying to get some good video), and will just randomly tell you he loves you. Oh...and he calls Hobby Lobby "the Hobby Bobby"...

which leads me to other characteristics of Keegan Joseph. Kurt expresses concern over these (all in a joking way of course) and is trying his best to counter the influence that I have in our sons life. Lets start with the fact that we had a long weekend...so Kurt was around for more of the day to day stuff than normal. Keegan has a fake vacuum and a pretend dustbuster. When I vacuum he runs for his and gets very serious about cleaning. He also loves to help dust and will SCREAM if I dont give him his own cloth. All of this was while listening to the Father of the Bride soundtrack which gave it a dramatic flare!!!! He loves cooking, (Kurt blames this on chosing Nate as his Godfather) shopping with me and running errands and with throw the biggest tantrum you have ever seen if I am painting my toes and refuse to paint one of his own. So...Kurt has made sure that he likes to watch football and hockey and is a rough and tumble little guy too....and he just may have a sparkly toe while doing it!!!! All in all he just loves to be a part of EVERYTHING we are doing.

Lets see...what else is new with Keegan...

He loves looking at all the pics on our digital picture frame and names all of the people in the pictures...and in finally grasping the ocncept of seeing himself in a photo. He calls himself Keegy. He also is obsessed with apples and will cry for them (I guess it could be worse!!!!)

Oh...and most importantly since we are discussing maturity....

Keegan had a playgroup last week and for the first time EVER he left me and honestly didnt care if he could see me or not. He actually went upstairs to a friends toyroom and played for about a half hour. For the first time while away from home I had to go check on him. And Reese was over in another corner playing with some other kids...so I was actually able to talk to other moms without anyone hanging on me or sitting on my lap. This was a HUGE landmark accomplishment since I normally have TWO kids on my lap being clingy!!!! HOORAY for KEEGAN!!!!!

So...two is treating us pretty well so far. Keegan still has his moments...but dont we all!!!! He get a little perturbed by Reese playing with his toys or breathing the same air he does on occasion...but 99% of the time he is wonderful and truly a joy to be around. I think he will always be mommys little boy and although that is stressful at times right now I know that I will always treasure that about him!!!!

Here are a few other random things about Keegan....

He loves choo choo trains
His favorite food is waffles and he loves syrup so much he will dip his fingers and just lick them
Every morning he tells Kurt bye bye, holds the door open until he sees him get into the car and hen runs to the front window and waves until he cant see the car anymore
He points my cellphone at people and says "CHEESE" (do you think he has had his pic taken just a few times???
When something isnt working he tells us it needs batteries (which was his first 3 syllable word)
He loves to spin and make himself dizzy
Keegan loves to blow kisses, give kisses and hugs and give you knuckles
He is a little fish in the bathtub and will dump huge buckets of water on his own head
He sleeps with at least 5 stuffed animals and sometimes a big ball
When you ask him how old he is he says "two" and holds up 4 fingers:)


So...now we just need to get rid of the binky (he only has it in bed) and start potty training (only a parent can be impressed when their child asks everyone in the room if they have to poop) and we will be good to go...and ready to start all over with Reese....who will get the next long update.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Already 2--crazy!!! I love the vacuum and dusting! I wish my husband or daughter got that excited about cleaning!! I am going to miss my mamasan!! Keegan is adorable--glad he's giving you a little break and starting to be more social--that breather is essential! Enjoy your Arizona winter!