Our guestbook

Monday, April 20, 2009

There is no place like home...

The kids, Nonnie and Joe-Pa, and I (yes, mismatched grandparents...but the other ones were working) spent the afternoon at Jeffery Mansion. This was one of my favorite places when I was little...and to this day I just dont think a trip back to OH is complete without a visit. This is one of those times that I am reminded of exactly how long Kurt and I have known each other. When you used to hang out at the same park you know you go WAY BACK!!!! Kurts mom even pointed out to the kids that Kurt and his sister planted the tulips out front when they were little.

Kurt and I used to go there all the time when we were in highschool. It was our little romantic spot. I even have pictures of us in highschool hanging out there. Of course I didnt take a walk down by the water since Reese is a crazy woman and I envisioned some sort of rescue diver needed at the end of the day. Life sure has changed!!!! Kurt and I are so blessed to have most of our family in one place...and to pretty much have the same memories to look back on. I hope one day our kids appreciate this...and maybe even live somewhere long enough to establish their own little military kiddo version of home sweet home!!!





































2 comments:

Aunt Marilyn said...

What a wonderful day for you all. And thank you for the memories..Heather went to pre-school at Jeffery Mansion...it was actually held in the manison. And we also belonged to the pool each summer. She learned to swim there at age 9 months of age. Played many hours on that big back lawn!! K & R are both getting so big..where does the time go so quickly.Enjoy each day.
Luv to all xoxoxox

Friedmans said...

Love the pics of the kids in flowers! So cute! --not that they could ever take a bad shot LOL Glad to see everyone is havin' fun in crazy town LOL :)