The last few weeks in AZ were busy and crazy...and a little heartbreaking. I could not possibly speak highly enough of our 3 years in the valley of the sun. Amazing house, neighborhood, squadron and friends. I truly thought that moving to an amazing place like Germany would make this move a breeze. I quickly learned that not even Europe can ease the pain on closing an amazing chapter in a persons life!!!
I was spoiled by my best buds with a girls day with massages, sushi and even gifts and sweet notes from the girls who I have made countless memories with. I can wait to have my car and a house so I can put some keys on my BEAUTIFUL Coach keychain:)
Then the move came and insanity set in!!! Kurt and I felt like the week would never end...and we cleaned and scrubbed and painted so much that I thought my fingers were going to fall off!!! Then we got to stay at the Wigwam for a week and even got a visit from our great friend and Keegan's Godmother Ange. Sadly, I forgot to take a single pic!!! I guess I just enjoyed the company and relaxed so much I forgot about my camera. Keegan is still telling me on a daily basis how cool Ange is!!! We packed our remaining few days with last visits with friends. I dont think I have ever been so teary eyed in my life...and you didnt hear it from me, but I think I saw Kurt almost lose his cool a few times too;)
I now sit in our room on base at Spangdahlem AB in Germany. It is GORGEOUS here!!!Not even close to being settled in...no car, wont see most of our furniture etc until May, and VERY jetlagged, but...I live in Germany!!!! Soooooo sureal...so amazing...I feel very blessed!!! We have been welcomed with open arms, met lots of people in our squadron , Kurt will be named this weekend in a traditional wild fighter pilot fashion involving viking costumes, and we have a welcome dinner on Tuesday at a German restuarant.
Soooo...as I sit here missing my AZ life but thrilled about the life we will create in Europe, I have realized one very important thing!!! Fighter squadron wives are the most amazing group of girls on the planet!!! I am not exaggerating here...they are simply phenominal!!!! I am thankful for all of you I have had the privledge to meet over the last 9 years!!!! I know I am not always the best at staying in touch. I blame the kids completely!!! No matter what...I hope you know how much I love you all...and I can only hope the AF will let our paths cross again. If not, there will be lots of visits lined up once we are back in the US. And please remember, we have an open door policy here in Germany:)
Ok...so...enough babbling...here are a few pics:)

Reese got to have a girly day with a few of her friends...she got her first pedicure and picked flourescent pink, glitter and wanted a flower with a rhinestone:)

Keegan and Andrew. As a sidenote, Andrew says he is going to marry Reese b/c she is sooooo cute. Hmmmm...Pam and I as in laws...that could spell trouble:)

Shot, Slammer, Tam and two of my all time favorite ladies, Renee and Jasmine. WE enjoyed an evening celebrating the reactivation of the 69th FS at Luke. Fighter pilot band and some good margaritas=a fun night. Dont forget us when we need a reserve job guys!!!!
dont even know what to say:)
Keegan, Emily (one of his girlfriends!!!!) and Reese They kinda look like triplets!!!Nonnie and Boppa enjoying a nice warm AZ day at the zoo
The 2 cutest brother and sister ever!!!!
Me and Desiree:)
Pam and I (orange is her color dont you think???)
The family at the fini flight
High fives from the OConnors!!!
Kurt looks just a little cold!!!
Shot, Kurt and Tam. Shot is the best flight dr EVER and Kurt had him fly in the back seat...and Tam was Kurts #2. These 2 go sooooo far back and have gotten into all sorts of trouble together.
Getting wet
He tried to run
I think Kurt is figuring out his gameplan here:) During your last flight at a base, your buddies wait for you...pin you down and make sure you are drenched at the end. I have NEVER seen anyone get away:)
In Baltimore...wondering what we were thinking bringing all of this luggage. I guess when you wont see most of your things for a few months you do crazy things:) 6 LARGE bags, 4 carry on bags, 2 carseats and a double stroller









No comments:
Post a Comment