This is our second trip to San Diego. The first one was when Reese was about 5 months old and just sitting up. Apparently I was sooooo sleep deprived then that Ii didnt remember much of the island. I kept saying that things werent there before, but everyone remembered them but me:) Two toddlers isnt exactly the ideal setting for serinity...but the kids had soooo much fun hanging at the beach and just relaxing. I was so relaxed that I didnt even have my camera with me half of the time. So...no cute pics in the pool.
We pretty much bumed around for 4 days. We played on the beach, swam, ate, napped and then went out to dinner. Our only event was going to the aquarium next to LegoLand...which was a nice break from being beach bums:) In addition to a break from the heat and amazing scenery, the kids got to spend some quality time with their grandparents. And Kurt and I appreciated the help!!!
Most people know that my happy place is the beach...so getting to spend 2 weekends in a row (one with the ladies and one with the fam) was HEAVEN!!!! Note to self...next time make the girls only weekend the later!!!! (pics to follow soon)

I call this picture "Keegans Baywatch Pic"...Kurt calls it "Dont Hassle the Hoff"
Daddy and his baby girl!!!
Keegan and Boppa
This is the closest we got to a family pic this time around. Reese was "grouchy" and Keegan just wanted back in the ocean...or as Reese calls it..."the lotion"
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH....a happy place


The view from the Hotel...looking out at Coronado Island and the big bridge
Reese flying her kite
Keegan doenst normally like getting messy (if you know us well, you know which parent this trait comes from!!!!) but he loved the wet sand. He was a disaster at the end of each day. This day we just went down to take pics...he went back to the hotel wearing grandpas tshirt
Building sand castles.
Keegan loved finding giant, nasty looking seaweeds. As he walked up from the water he almost tripped and dropped this on a sleeping/sunbathing woman. 









5 comments:
Annie, your children are so dang cute! Reese has gotten so big and pretty!
I am so happy to see you all on the blog!!!!!! Now, I want to see you in person!!!!!!!
I'm such a slacker just now getting around to checking up on your blog. Looks like you had a killer time in SD! Love the ocean pics and cracked up about the seaweed story. LOL
There is nothing like spending the day at the beach with your kids! Beautiful pictures
LOVE your beach babies!!!
Post a Comment