Our guestbook

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

He loves me to the moon...

So I am writing this while the kids nap...following a morning filled with mood swings and temper tantrums (mostly from the kids). I felt the need to get a little psychological and focus on the positive in order to regroup for round 2 of my Tuesday. Kurt starts a new masters class tonight and wont be home until late...so I needed to get myself in a better frame of mind. So...here is what came to mind...and it did the trick...

Over the weekend I took Keegan on a walk. It was so nice to have the time to just talk to him. Better yet, the time to just listen to him. With 2 toddlers I think there is a ton I miss during the day...so although one on one time is rare I try to truly treasure it!!! So...on the walk Keegan just stopped and said "Mommy, I love you". I responded by stretching my arms out as far as I could and telling him I loved him "that much". He looked way up in the sky and told me he loved me to the moon.

Does it get any sweeter than that...

So, even though he whined and acted like a goon this morning I am in a better mood just thinking of how sweet he can be when he wants too...and an ready for the the rest of my day:)

How nice it is to know that someone loves you to the moon:)

4 comments:

Neal, Rebecca, Camden, Owen, Emma & Callie said...

Soooooooooooo sweet!!!! What fun to hear things like that from our children! It also helps us to remember to treasure EVERY moment.... even the bad ones! You never know what tomorrow may bring!

Jennifer said...

Awww.... Too cute! I agree that we all have our moments with our kiddos but it's moments like that that make it all worth while :)

Gena said...

Oh! That is so cute! I am crying!

Anonymous said...

What a little charmer he is. The girls better watch out!!!! But it truly does warm your heart to hear your little ones express their love for you. Makes life worth everything we go through.