So, I was on Craigs List looking for Rescue Heroes (Keegans new obsession which just happens to be an older toy that isnt sold anymore. I have been obsessively checking Ebay too looking for some action figures for my little man. There was a lady in PHX that had a HUGE lot of stuff for sale and I had bargained with her online for a few days. Since Kurts scheule was crazy I knew I had to take the kids with me to see the toys in person, and when we got there Keegan asked if we were at the Binky Fairy's house:) So I bought the toys and tried to sneak them in the car...which didnt work very well since Keegan has an amazing memory and asked for every single one when we got home...
Later in the day I gave Kurt a ride back to work so he could leave for his guys weekend in Flagstaff. Keegan told Kurt all about the Binky Fairy and all the toys and just basically announced that he was ready to give them up. He went and rounded them all up (Reeses too), had one last suck of his favorite one (yes, he is like a smoker taking one last drag!!!) and said "bye bye". We took Kurt back to the squadron and Kurt was on a mission to deliver them in person. Now, being the wimp that I am that means that Keegan thought Kurt took them when he actually threw them in the back on the van just in case I wimped out...after all, I was insane enough to decide to do this while Kurt was gone. For some reason I always have a fire lit under my butt when Kurt is gone and decided to tackle weird things. So...bedtime rolled around, Reese only cried for a few minutes and then crashed. Keegan was talking and chatting for about an hour...then he started to cry. Not a whiny cry...a truly sad cry...then over the monitor I heard "Keegan is sad, Keegan is VERY sad" over and over. I went into his room, talked to him for a few minutes, we read another book, then I put him back in his bed. He fell asleep within a few minutes and both kids slept through the night!!!! HOORAY!!!!!
When he woke up he had such an excited look on his face and when I opened his door he said "I DID IT" with a questioning tone. I told him out proud I was of his and how big he was...and then he quickly asked if the Binky Fairy came. The look on his face was priceless when he saw all of his toys!!!! Thats what happens when the Fairy is a bargain hunter!!! If only she would have known about the collection in Boppas office. Keegan talked to Nana and Joe-pa last night and they told him that they would buy him a motorized car like Reeses if he slept like a big boy...so he was sure to remind me of that this morning also. This Binky Fairy project has turned into quite an costly adventure!!! Since Reese was pretty clueless I decided just to let her share in the excitement of Keegans toys. They played for over and hour this morning while I sat on the couch with my coffee enjoying a low maintenance morning.
I just put them down for their naps...which went well too. So...I think it is safe to say that the D10 house is a binky free zone!!!!!
Next step is a toddler bed and potty training!!!!
Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!!













4 comments:
You Rule KEEGAN!
What a big boy!
Both kids at the same time??? When Daddy is gone for the weekend????What COURAGE!!!!!! Glad all went so well for all 3 of you!! Cool toys Keegan!!
Luv ...
Aunt Marilyn
Hooray Keegan! Clark is VERY proud of you! Such a big boy. Good luck on that potty training bit..I'll be interested so I can take notes in a few years!!
Thanks for sharing Annie! Courtney was a thumb sucker, but Kelsey is my binki girl. I decided that I was just going to let her have it in the car and in bed. When she asked for it and I wouldn't give it to her, I caught her sucking her thumb!!! She is doing a lot better now, but still has it in bed. I will have to let you know if the binki fairy makes a visit to Italy!
Post a Comment