Summer is here...and the AC is on...so the fountain in our neighborhood is a popular place with my kiddos (and their buddies).
Reese is all over the place and climbing now. She has even learned to push things up to something else to create a step...which is how she ended up doing a balancing act on top of a case of diapers. She is starting to really talk...and her 3 favorite words are dada, boppa (she heard Keegan say it a MILLION times during Kurts parents visit and she is a mima bird), and baby. She started saying baby after a visit from Amelia who is a few months old. She will eat just about anything as long as it isnt a fruit or a vegetable...so she eats what we eat but has to still have baby food fruits and veggies...
Keegan is starting to test my patience...he has mastered the art of tuning me out (did he learn this from his father???) and telling me NO. Hence he has spent a decent amount of time in time out...which really doenst seem to work but it gives me a few moments to regroup. Any good toddler behavior tips..I am all ears!!!! On the other hand he is still SUPER SWEET. He randomly gives kisses and hugs...says "bless you" whn you sneeze...and sings "twinkle twinkle" to Reese when she is sad. He LOVES being outside and throws a complete tantrum when he has to come in(fun since it is already getting pretty hot here!!!!. He is can count to 10, identify most colors (his fav is blue), loves bubble baths and can identiy makes and models of cars (he starts yelling "Michaela" every time he sees a Durango...yes he loves you Michaela!!!!) He knows all of his sports (basketball is his favorite right now), has trouble with the letter "M", and his new favorite word is "Dude". I thought this had to be Kurts fault...but have caught myself saying it in the car to bad drivers several times this week:)
And...as you can see in the pic our dog Jack Daniel hasnt been behaving well either. I walked in on him on top of the kitchen table finishing the kids lunch (sound familiar mom and dad R???). He has NEVER gotten on top of a table before. He is 6 years old and is now deciding to act up!!!
Nothing much new with Kurt and I...just trying to team up against the kids and the dog so we dont lose control!!!!
So...the D10 house is complete insanity!!! I wouldnt trade it for anything...but every now and then I do have to leave and have a few hours to myself to pretend I am normal:)
Stay tuned for pics from Reeses 1st and Kurts 30th birthday party and Aunt Lisas visit (we cant wait to see you "Aunt Yeesa")
Love and miss you all...and if you are ever in our neck of the woods...or I guess our part of the dusty desert please stop by!!!!
the D10 family
(and just in case I havent mentioned it before...Kurt tells me all the time that our kids are in their diapers too much in the pics and videos. I swear they really are dressed most of the day...but in my defense I also like to let their skin air out since thay are both eczema prone. Kurt just thinks it looks like they are trailer park kids)
A little wrestling match...I dont think it will be much longer until Reese is winning!!!!!
And yes...before discipling the dog I grabbed the camera...is that not what I should have done:)
My little bathing beauty!!!!!
Look at this stud muffin...as white as him mom and dad!!!!! Lots of sunscreen used in this family. AZ...what a silly place for us!!!!
Bridon and Malana having fun...look at that goofy grin. Bridon is Reeses boyfriend...she is in LOVE with him!!!!
Look at that pose...Anela and Burnin....you guys are in trouble in about 14 years!!!!!
Lil Amelia...she won the award for the best behaved kiddo of the day...isnt she a cutie pie!!!!
Reese...half picking flowers and half eating food off the ground:)
Monkey business. Whenever Reese wakes up from a nap Keegan SPRINTS into her room and they usually entertain each other for quite some time.
This is Reese's life...Keegan always wanting what she has...she is patient but after a while decides to put up a fight.
Here is one of Keegans temper tantrums. This one is pretty mild...and you can see how serious it is since he almost forgot in the middle of the fit that he is mad.
The kids love this fountain...Reese isnt so sure though. Hours of FREE (kurts favorite word!!!) fun.









2 comments:
I love the diaper comment! My mom's friends asked her if I had any clothes for Kaci since all my pics of her when we first got to Korea were of her in just her diaper. :) Same issue for Misawa -- expect all our summer pics to be of undies/diaper for ALL of us!! He he he!! Love all the pictures and your updates! Thanks!! I miss you and am so envious of all the fun that you're having!
I love Keegan's 'tantrum', what crocodile tears!!! And by the way, when I was little I only wore clothes to go to church or into town, most of my snapshots are of me in a CLOTH diaper!
Post a Comment