Our guestbook

Monday, November 5, 2007

My TIVO thinks I am a loser...

So, for those of you who do not own TIVO (by the way...you should...it is the GREATEST invention EVER!!!!) there is a place called "tivo suggestions" that observes all of your television viewing habits.The brain inside the TIVO container decides that it knows you well enough to make suggestions for other shows you might like...

Well..during a dull moment a few weeks ago I decided to see what TIVO thought I should be watching. NO KIDDING...the 1st 30 suggestions were all cartoons on PBS, Disney, Nickelodian etc. Keep in mind that Keegan only watches Sesame Street and Thomas, so it was VERY rude of this electronic device to think that we needed to add 30 more childrens programs to our list of recordings!!!! After the cartoons it suggested 3 soap operas and then endless cooking shows. In order not to ignore Kurts existance there were a few military programs and sports shows listed WAY down the list. The end was reality TV and workout shows!!!! I was sooooo offended and betrayed by this recording contraption that I always cosidered a friend.

Then in the midst of my anger towards part of my entertainment system I realized that TIVO is ridiculously smart. Somehow this thing knew I was a stay at home mom and that the kids ruled this household. It also knew that I could use some 30 minute meals to make my life easier and my husband happier. It also pointed out how far down the priority list daddy is as far as TV is concerned. And, as much as I hate to admit it, it new that I really need to work out and lose some baby weight. TIVO knows that I am no longer cool enough nor do I have enough time in my day to watch reality shows on MTV or the newest sitcoms...but that both Kurt and I know every one of Elmos puppet pals and all the engines on Thomas the Train.

Scary how perceptive this litle gadget is. So,I guess if you really want to know the truth about who you really are you can turn to your DVR:)

Thats it for tonight...no new pics...sorry...

Love

Annie

1 comment:

Laura Gruner said...

That's hilarious! We don't have TIVO or a DVR - one of the girls from our squadron looked at me like I was from the stone age... I guess I still have awhile before I have to face the reality of my TV watching habits :)